Sunday, November 16, 2008

Giving Thanks - Days 12 - 16

Okay, I'm a little behind. We've been dealing with an unwanted house guest this past week, aka: The FLU. It's not that there hasn't been anything to be thankful for, just that my thoughts were focused on our most basic of needs. So without further ado, here are some more things I'm thankful for. (Disclaimer: This is no longer a "Picture" journal of Thankfulness. Not all of my entries have pictures and I've decided I'm okay with that.)

12.) Little Ceasars' HOT-N-READY Pizza for those days when I just don't have it in me to prepare dinner.
13.) The hubby's roll of "Grill Master." This week we had quite a few days like the one mentioned above. Luckily for me, the wonderful Hubby took to the bbq grill a couple of times to make dinner.

14.) HSN and QVC Commercials. Not because I shop at these networks (I never have but the Hubby did order a set of knives from one once) but because I can depend on them to start their holiday season commercials promptly on November 1. Weeks before most other networks are promoting their holiday programing, I can hear the familiar tune of Jingle Bells and the "Ho, Ho, Ho" of Santa Claus (even if only for a moment) on one of their commercials. And it makes me happy.


15.) Watching my Sweet Emmy Lou grow. It is so much fun to see her become more imaginative and verbal everyday. In this first picture, she's playing with her piano and wearing her daddy's hat, which she puts on herself. Whenever she gets the fancy to wear one, she goes over to the drawer we keep them in, and says "hot" (meaning "hat"). She'll throw it on and wear it around the house while she plays. Can you say CUTE? In the second photo, she's playing in the pretend kitchen at Gramma Cindy's and Dziadzia's.
16.) At the risk of seeming like a couch potato, next on my list is Cable Television. I don't sleep well when I'm sick so I am up to watch a lot of late night television. Luckily, with cable, there is always something on, usually Home Improvement or The Cosby Show. Both of which, I love! I would most definitely have been forced to spend the midnight hours watching info-mercials if not for my cable programming. Which, let's be honest, would be great for the first 30 minutes but any longer would be just lame.

No comments: