Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Mother's Prayer

I am not a "person of prayer" as those who know me are aware. However, I found this in a book [The Toddler's Busy Book by Trish Kuffner, Copyright 2005] I was looking at tonight and thought it humorous and worth sharing.

A Mother's Prayer:

Dear Lord,
So far today I've done all right. I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or very indulgent. I'm very grateful for that. But in a few minutes, Lord, I'm going to get out of bed, and from then on, I'm going to need a lot more help. Amen.

Funny, right (not to mention poignant)? I mean, as I've mentioned before, I love my life as a SAHM but there are many nights where I go to bed thinking I could have been a better mother/wife/sister/daughter/friend/________ (fill in the blank) that day. I'm lucky to be able to start each day anew and need to remember how important it is that I am a positive model of what it is to be a good mother/wife/sister/daughter/friend/______(fill in the blank) for Emmy. Maybe I'll post this prayer on my refrigerator as a reminder.

No comments: