1. I hate oranges and orange juice. I get heartburn just thinking about either one.
2. When I was a kid I used to say that I wanted to be a boy when I grew up. I also wanted to be a professional roller skater. Thank god for unanswered prayers, right?
3. For Christmas of 1990, I asked Santa for spandex. I know this because my mom still has the Christmas list I wrote that year. I don't remember if I got them or not but pictures from the early 1990's would indicate that I did.
4. My childhood hobby was cutting and collecting expired coupons. I would cut them, rubberband them into batches of 100, and store them in my pink Smurfette suitcase. I don't know why; I was strange.
5. I spent most of my youth trying to act as grown-up as possible. (Even taking note to sip my hot cocoa the same way my mom drank her coffe.) Now, with nearly 28 years under my belt, & one husband, house, and child later, I still feel like that same kid pretending to be a grown-up.
6. This spring will mark 14 years since I fell madly,deeply, head over heels in love with my hubby. That means that at the age of 28, I have officially spent half my life loving him (to steal a line from Jewel).
7. I thought about keeping my maiden name when I married my hubby but decided against it when I realized how important it was to him that I took his name...and I am so glad that I did. I am proud that he chose to share his name with me and our daughter; and proud of everything we went through to get here and of the life we've made together.
8. I LOVE to purge things.
9. Efficiency is an obsession of mine. I even check my email while brushing my teeth. The downside of this is that it isn't always easy fo rme to just sit and play with Emmy or relax with my hubby.
10. I typically wear my hair short because if it is long enough to wear in a ponytail, it will be in a ponytail.
11. I love my daughter ferociously. So much so that it can feel overwhelming at times. And I worry about having other kids because I don't know how I could love anyone else as much as I love her. Even though I know in my heart that my love would just grow.
12. I think the biggest compliment someone can pay me is to ask me for advice or ask my opinion.
13. I am constantly riddled with self-doubt about the job I'm doing as a mother. Every night I go to bed thinking about what I could have done to be a better mommy that day.
14. I lack any form of self-discipline.
15. I love food. This does not combine will with #14.
16. I am really good at managing other peoples' money.
17. I have one cup of coffee every morning but will only drink it with French Vanilla creamer.
18. I have always wanted to be a mommy and am perfecty happy to devote the rest of my life to taking care of my family.
19. I am addicted to the internet and blog stalking.
20. I am often times mistaken as a snob when in reality, I am just painfully shy. Being shy does not mean that I let people take advantage of me. That does not happen.
21. I am not a very romantic person. I don't need schmaltzy romance, just to hear a sincere "I Love You" on a regular basis.
22. If money was not an issue I would have a ton of kids. I'd give the Duggar family a run for their money.
23. I analyze people constantly.
24. I have an uncanny ability to analyze my relationships in a business like fashion. If I don't find a relationship to be mutually beneficial, I walk away from it. And for me, that is very easy.
25. I am perplexed by abstract thought. I admire it in other people but concrete facts and figures are more my style.